Monday 13 February 2012

African Flower Doily



I just discovered the African Flower motif last year and fell in love with it straight away, I went crazy at that time I just couldn't stop making them, however I only had a limited amount of the cotton yarn I was using and as it was stash yarn I couldn't really buy any more to add to it.  I had no idea what I was going to do with the motifs once I had made them but I was quite happy making one after the other trying out all the possible colour combinations with the limited amount of yarn I had.  Eventually I did get sick of making them and they were pushed into a bag and put away out of sight.  It was only when the doily on my coffee table eventually dropped to pieces and needed replacing that I remembered these little beauties, when I unearthed them I fell in love with them all over again.  So I have joined some of them together to make this doily and there are still enough to make a matching one for my dinning table.  I love it and the good thing is I can sit and gaze at it everyday while I drink my coffee :)


 and here it is sitting quite happily on my coffee table.





16 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I never thought to do a doily with them; great idea! The green in the flowers matches your carpet to a "t". Hope you are having a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful Linda... I love the African Flower Motif too...but I haven't got round to making any yet... mostly because I had a rug in mind... your doily is a great idea though... thanks! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! It would have been a shame to leave them out of sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Uauu, very, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pleased you hunted them out to use them, they are so jolly
    Roamin x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! You have done such a lovely job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them - the colours really make them pop. So glad you "found" them again:) cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  9. ¡Me encanta! Es una preciosidad!
    un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! so pretty! I have a few of these hexagons made last year for what i thought would eventually be a blanket ... but i think i have enough to make a doily instead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone for all your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. That looks very nice, I like the way you joined the flower grannies.
      KATRIN W.

      Delete
  13. Wow, that is a great use of the african flowers. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx