Thursday 17 May 2012

When two CALs Meet :)

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who has left me lovely comments about my posts and a big welcome to all my new Followers, I love to read your comments, it does mean a lot to me to hear your views and to know that you enjoy my blog, AND I now have 99 Followers I'm wondering who is going to be my 100th :)

This week I have been combining my love of making poncho's with my love of granny Roses, so it seemed to make sense to make a poncho for Angie's CAL and decorated it with Astri's granny roses and here is the result.



 

I just love it, those lovely roses turn everything into something special.

If you remember I began this little poncho here




Here it is all finished and decorated with a granny rose.  These little poncho's will be ideal for this part of the Loving Hands Summer challenges. 
If you remember I found some lovely snugly wool in my stash and I decided to make a poncho for myself, well it's nearly finished and I will post a picture as soon as it's done.  

19 comments:

  1. It's so very nice with the flowers!!
    ♥Crissi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both poncho's look so pretty - love the roses on the 1st one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda.. they are both so nice.. Love the colors you choose!
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shari, I love purples and pinks I think they go so well together :)

      Delete
  4. Oh man Linda these are gorgeous! Your house must be a mess! tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astri, my house is always a mess it's more like a workshop lol

      Delete
  5. Both ponchos are so beautiful. I had never seen one with rose grannies on the border...it looks amazing!
    I have to try making that granny (one more thing on my to-do list).

    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maravillosos los dos!!
    Abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I think I'm your 100th follower! Yay!!!
    Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog... you have a fab creative space here too... loving your crochet, especially the flower poncho, it's so pretty!!

    Lovely to meet you :)

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are Louise congratulations on being my 100th follower and welcome to my blog, and thank you for the lovely comments :)

      Delete
  8. Both are lovely, Linda. Those roses are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your blue poncho with the blue and pink roses! What a fabulous idea to decorate it with the roses. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies it was a joy to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ponchos Linda...love Astri's Granny Roses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so, so sweet - how clever you are. I linked back to you by the way on the capelet blog - so sorry I had forgotten where I had seen it. Are the flowers on the top poncho hard? They look gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Mrs Thrifty have left a reply over on your blog :)

      Delete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx