Saturday 22 September 2012

Cute Bonnets and Hats


 When I made the little Ribbed Cardigan, I thought while I still had my Linda Permann book open that it would be a good idea to make a little bonnet to go with it.

So sweet don't you think, 
 I think they go well together.

Thank you all for your lovely kind comments about my poorly hands and of course suggestions about how I can fill my time,   I have tried to be good this week and it was going quite well, I was doing just a bit of crochet and the numbness and tingling had all but gone, then on Wednesday I did something really silly, I clipped my privet hedge, I started with clippers but then decided my electric hedge clipper would be best as it would be quicker and kinder to my hands, WRONG! that evening not only did I have pain in my hands but pain right up my arms too, it continued all through Thursday, it must have been the vibration of the clippers.

So the crochet has stopped completely for now and I am resting properly, the remaining hedges will have to wait as will housework and everything else.

Luckily I still have some things to show you all and hopefully once I have gone through them all my hands will be better. Having time on my hands has given me time to think about blogging idea's and to make a few changes to my blog I hope you like them, beware I will probably chop and change till I'm satisfied as it's still not quite the way I want it :)

I enjoyed making that little bonnet so much I had to make some more.




Another lovely easy pattern from this book, I don't think I will be satisfied until I have gone right through it.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and once again thank you all for your support it means such a lot 
Love ya xxxx

11 comments:

  1. Lovely hats! Especially the set is soo cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't believe you attempted to cut the hedge.....naughty lady - now you are going to be forced to wait for the healing process! Love those hats, and the colour reversal on the first one to the jacket is so perfect.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda....the blog looks great! it's very pretty! Be careful, you can spend endless hours making changes....lol.....Take care of your wrist, I so love to see your work it's always so pretty. Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi linda,
    they're are sweet and pretty...! great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have inspired me to make this cute little sweater, and I started it today. I've had the book for a while now, and I made the Swing Set Cardigan first thing. I love Linda's patterns. Your little hats are so cute! I didn't even realize that pattern was in the book. I love all the different colors you made.

    I hope your hands/arms heal quickly! I've had crochet injuries from doing too much too often, but like you, I can't help myself. I know how hard it is not being able to crochet while healing up. Ice helps a lot and relieves some of the pain. Good luck with it, and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some very cute little hats. I love that aqua and lavender set too.

    Take care of your hands! I hope they heal steadily and soon.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Lots of lovely crochet here - Pretty little hats to keep the cold at bay.

    Hope you hands heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh I like hats so much.. They are so cute... Good work...:=)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda: I was wondering how you were doing, and I saw your new post. Really cute hats. But I am sorry to hear that the pain came back. Try to rest. I like the changes you've made in your blog. This is a great way to be creative and give your hand a chance to recuperate ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to see craft ideas from other bloggers, always so inspiring!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the lovely comments ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx