Tuesday 6 August 2013

String Tote Round up, another great CAL and a givaway!

Thank you for all the lovely comments about Odoh's Story and the Fantasy blanket, I'm so glad you enjoyed the story and liked the blanket.

I have also been overwhelmed and touched by all the lovely comments and emails I have received about my string tote tutorial, thank you so much! it's lovely to hear all your comments and the reasons why you want to make these bags.  
Here are some more that I have made for birthday gifts.





Made for Susan

  Embellished with Astri's granny Rose and made for AnneMarie.

Embellished with a granny rose and made for Dianne.

Remember these bags are great stash busters! 

Stats
Cream bag 42 grams, patons 4ply cotton
Pink Bag 55 grams. 2 strands of 4ply cone cotton
Green bag 56 grams. DK cotton/acrylic blend 
All weights include flowers.
It's interesting to note that the cream bag takes the least yarn, is the smallest looking bag, in fact you hardly know it's  in your handbag but when opened it stretches more than the others and therefore holds more. 





I thought it only right to round up some of the lovely bags you have been making and display them here.

Hindusanka

Astri


Casey
Loving Hands
I think that they are all fantastic! every time I find one I will add it here and link it to the tutorial to show all the lovely colours and variations so please let me know if I have missed yours.

A Crochet Along
As you all must know by now I love a crochet a long and I have just spied yet another I really want to do.  I'm not really sure that my finished result will look anything like it's supposed to but I'm going to give it a try anyway.  I'm talking about the Nesting Dolls CAL with Kara at Petals and Picots

Arn't they cute! 

A Giveaway
Amanda at Crafty in the Med wants to celebrate her 2nd blogaversary by having a mystery giveaway, so if you haven't done so already there is still time to join in as it's open until August the 24th! 

Hope you are all having a great week! :)




17 comments:

  1. Dear Linda

    Thank you so much for your mention for my giveaway. This means you'll have a second entry Nº of course .

    I mean to make one of your bags too....soon I hope :-)

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome Amanda! and thank you, can't wait to see your bags when it's finished :)

      Delete
  2. Great baga. What a lot of fun is going on in your Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. The springs totes are so fun. It's exciting to see how everyone's personality comes out in all of them. How sweet of you to spotlight them.

    At this rate, it won't be long before you need acquire yourself some more yarn. haha!

    Cute CAL of Kara's...she's a cutie herself1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never give up you temptress,I will not buy yarn, I will not! haha

      Delete
  4. Wow, Linda ! I had not seen your tote bag before ! What a great idea.
    I will have to add it to my list of things I want to do.
    xoxoEva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Eva please do they are great fun to do. :)

      Delete
  5. The crochet nesting dolls are cute. I've never seen those before. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dolls are so sweet. And the bags are just great. We used to make them in school when I was a kid. But with the flower they are beautiful. There is a lot of cotton yarn in my stash. So I'm making one today after having finished work. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Regula, looking forward to seeing your finished bag. :)

      Delete
  7. It was a lovely surprise to see my Tote Bag on your post! Thank you. Don't they all look great? - and so colourful. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bags look like they will be put to good use! I love them all. I so wish I had time to make one for myself. I missed the story about Odoh, so I went back a bit. I....LOVE IT! Your have such a creative mind and it shows in all your work!
    Hugs, Shari!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Shari, glad you liked the story. :)

      Delete
  9. Linda, you are so talented. As you already know I love your bags, blankets and anything else you decide to make.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these bags....I must find time to make some.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ginny here, loving your blog! Am going to have to find time to make a bag or two for Christmas and the owls so sweet. hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx