Wednesday 11 February 2015

A Little Hat Collection

It feels great to actually finish something, I seem to have lots of long term projects on the go so making something small like a hat can give you a quick fix...at least the crochet ones do for me the knitting takes a little longer.


It feels good to make hats again and I really enjoyed making these.  I'm sure that most of you are aware that Taci is needing hats to take to Brazil when she goes in July if not you can read all about it here  I have made these to send to her.  This little hat and cute flower pattern was designed by Teresa Kasner and you can find the pattern here on her blog.


I have made lots of these in the past and always enjoy making them I think this pattern makes a great little boys hat there are lots of pretty little girl hats so it's great to have one for the boys for a change designed by Julia you can find it here.



Then out came the knitting needles I thought I will make a few knitted hats too and this one hat took me longer to make than the previous four did.  I must be a very slow knitter because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the pattern and I did enjoy making it I'm just very impatient. I think that knitted hats give a far better fit than crochet ones they are more stretchy and tend to stay put.  This little hat was designed by Marianna and you can find the pattern here.

I do enjoy making hats and they are needed by so many charities so I will be making more, in fact I have just spied some new hat patterns I really must try I will show you when my next little collection is ready.

Another great advantage of making hats is you don't need too much yarn so they are great for using up all those little bits of stash.


Hope you're all having a great week :)




 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg 

11 comments:

  1. They're all gorgeous! Such pretty colours! Thank you for sharing. Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all lovely & its a lovely thing to do too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such sweet hats, but I like the last knitted one best! I 'heart' cables and am working with some myself right now. Although they're a bit fussy and slow down the knitting, I love the effect. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really gorgeous! I love all your cute hats! I'm your newest follower :)
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hats, Linda!! I liked the yellow and red one the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful hats!!! How great they all are! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful hats, great collection!!
    Have a nice weekend.:*

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all beautiful !!!!!!
    Have a cosy day !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the little hats. especially the red one!
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How darling are all of these little hats, and the colors are perfect for small children. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite because they are all just down right sweet. Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved seeing my hat on your page! The world needs more knitted hats! x M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx